+ 8 people
+Pour the chocolate sponge cake
°120g of sugar
°30g bitter cocoa powder
°5g baking powder
°Pour the syrup
°70g of sugar
°20g amber rum
+Pour in the Italian meringue
°125g of sugar
°70g egg white
°40g of water
+Pour the buttercream
°360g of butter
°5 egg yolks
°240g of sugar
°100g of water
°1.5 tablespoons instant coffee
°100g slivered almonds
- To make the sponge cake, try to separate the egg whites from the yolks then whisk the yolks with 50 g of sugar in a bowl so that the mixture whitens.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the rest of the sugar added later.
- Gently add the whipped egg whites to the bowl with the yolks using a spatula.
- Gradually add the flour, cornstarch, bitter cocoa and baking powder previously sifted until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Place a dessert circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- The sponge cake will puff up a lot during cooking. To increase the height of the circle, line it with a strip of parchment paper.
- Pour the dough into the ring and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Unmold the sponge cake when it comes out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the syrup that will soak the sponge cake, bring the water mixed with the sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, then turn off the heat and pour in the rum. Let the syrup cool.
- For the Italian meringue, heat the water and sugar in a small saucepan to 121°C to obtain a syrup.