For the Chili
• ¼ large onion diced
• 1 pound of ground beef
• 1 (15-ounce) can of tomato sauce
• ¼ can of water (use the tomato sauce can to measure)
• ½ of a 15-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
• 2-ounce can of green chilies
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
For the Cheese Sauce
• 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
• 3 cups of extra sharp cheddar (about one eight-ounce block)
• 2 cups of shredded pepper jack (about ¼ of a 2-pound block)
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
• ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
• ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
You Will Also Need
• 1 bag of frozen French fries
• jalapeños and green onions for garnish
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHILI CHEESE FRIES RECIPE
STEP ONE: Prepare the French fries according to the package directions on a baking sheet.
STEP TWO: In a skillet, sauté a diced onion until it starts to become translucent.
STEP THREE: Then add the ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone, then drain the fat off.
STEP FOUR: Next add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, green chilies, water, and seasonings. Stir and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes while you shred the cheese.
STEP FIVE: In a medium saucepan, heat up the heavy cream until bubbles start to form around the sides. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheeses and seasonings until the cheese is completely melted.
STEP SIX: Now you’re ready to assemble the toppings. Spread some of the cheese on the bottom of a plate, then pile the French fries on top of the cheese. Add a little more cheese, then top with chili. Finally, add more cheese sauce and garnish with green onions and jalapeño