Some quick tips on these Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches:
- I brown the beef for a good five minutes on each side before putting it in the slow cooker. I mean look at that crust in the sandwich photos!
- I add the veggies in the last hour, if you add them into the pot in the beginning they’ll melt into nothing. If you forget/arent home in time you can also sauté them quickly with canola oil, kosher salt and pepper on medium high heat, then just add them on top or even stir them into the slow cooker just before serving to get some of the cooking liquid on them.
- This isn’t a sandwich you have to dip to enjoy, and I would say about 50/50 were pro-dip vs no-dip, but the liquid left behind is amazing, don’t toss it.
- Consider Cheez Whiz, but if you’re anti-processed cheese I highly suggest Provolone, thats what my husband puts on his and it is also awesome. To give his cheese a better melt I dunk the provolone slices in the liquid with some tongs for a few seconds before putting them onto his sandwich.
- Consider buttering very lightly and then toasting your hoagie rolls. It takes the bread to another dimension.
- Enjoy and please come back and tell me your thoughts!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Beef round steak
Green peppers, sliced thin
Onions, sliced thin
Envelope dry Italian dressing mix
Loaves French bread, sliced into sandwich lengths or 6 to 8 hoagie buns
Provolone cheese slices