- 10 small soft flour tortillas (you can use corn but I like flour with chicken)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded and cooked chicken (we like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese – shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4oz can diced green chillies (I like medium – they are not spicy at all)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine shredded chicken and 1 cup of cheese
- Fill tortillas with the mixture above and roll each one then place in a greased 9×13 pan
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat
- Stir flour into butter and whisk for 1 minute over heat.
- Add broth and whisk together. Cook over heat until it’s thick and bubbles up
- Take off heat and add in sour cream and chilies. (be careful it’s not too hot or the sour cream will curdle)
- Pour mixture over enchiladas and add remaining cheese to top.
- Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes then you will want to broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.