4 Ingredient Sweet and Tangy Chicken is a go-to chicken recipe using common ingredients and is one o the most popular recipes on Syrup and Biscuits.
This is a 4 ingredient dish that will become one of your go-to dishes. You can make ahead first thing in the morning up to the point of baking, place in the refrigerator, then just pop in the oven for a little over an hour, add a side and a tossed green salad. Dinner is served!
- 8 chicken thighs You can use a whole chicken or other parts. We love thighs the best. And we want them on the bone with the skin
- 1 package dry french onion soup mix
- 1 8 oz bottle Russian dressing (I prefer Wishbone Russian dressing)
- 1 small jar of apricot preserves or about a cupful
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in a baking pan. Sprinkle with pepper. No extra salt is needed.
- Pour sauce over chicken and make sure it’s coated well.
- Roast uncovered at 400 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until chicken is done. Baste several times during cooking. This is the way the chicken will look when done.