- 12 ounces dry bread cubes
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups turkey broth or 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Saute the onions, celery. herbs, salt and pepper in butter until soft.
- Combine with the bread cubes by tossing lightly, adding enough broth to make it wet but not too soggy, and place in an oblong baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325F. for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
- If you are stuffing a bird, pack it lightly into the cavity as it expands as it cooks. Give it room to grow. If you have excess, place it in a baking pan and follow directions for cooking that part outside of the bird.
- If your stuffing is not 165-170F when you remove it from the bird, place it in a baking dish covered with foil or a lid, and continue to bake outside of the bird until it is at that temp. (food safety)Source : allrecipes.com