To be honest, everyone freaked out about how great it was. This one is going in the top recipes
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cups jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 shallot, diced (I subbed red onion, about 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375-f degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside. Reserve 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend for the vegetables.
- Peel, devein, rinse and pat dry shrimp. Leave tails on 3 shrimp if desired for garnish. Chop remaining shrimp into 3 pieces, season shrimp with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the seasoning blend, mix well and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes, season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend, mix well. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes only. Remove from heat and place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1 cup of cheese to shrimp mixture and stir well. Place into a greased oven proof casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.