The best shrimp scampi recipe with smoky garlic butter, angel hair pasta and white wine sauce! 15 minute, restaurant-quality pasta dish!
- 1/2 lb pasta, angel hair, fettuccine, or penne
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup white wine, or seafood broth
- 1 lemon, for juice
- 2 to 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- extra lemon, for serving
- Prepare the pasta first. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta of your choice according to package instructions to al dente. Drain the pasta, leaving a bit of the water to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Keep warm.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter and the cooking oil and let the butter melt. To the melted butter, add the minced garlic. Cook for about a minute.
- Add the cleaned and peeled shrimp next. Toss it with the garlic butter and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the white wine (or broth) and squeeze in the juice from 1 lemon (use 2 lemons if not adding wine). Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes total, until the shrimp is no longer translucent. The cooking time is based on jumbo shrimp. Smaller shrimp may cook faster.
- Remove the garlic shrimp from the heat and sprinkle in the chopped parsley. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and use tongs to toss the pasta with the shrimp.
- Serve the pasta with lemon wedges on the side, adding a squeeze of lemon juice right before serving.
- Enjoyed this recipe? Please leave a comment or recipe rating below!
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 308mg | Sodium: 1947mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1092IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 2mg