This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a quick & easy version of the classic gnocchi soup! Made easy with jarred Alfredo sauce, cooked chicken , pesto, and chopped fresh spinach. Creamy chicken gnocchi soup can be on the dinner table in just 30 minutes and it’s made in one pot on the stove.
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 jar (15 oz) roasted garlic alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (16 oz) gnocchi
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pesto (add more to taste)
- In a soup pot, over medium-high heat, add the chicken broth, alfredo sauce, water, chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir together.Bring this mixture to a low boil, while stirring occasionally. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Once boiling, add the gnocchi and chopped spinach. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the gnocchi are cooked (they will look puffy and float to the top) and the spinach is soft and wilted.* Don’t let this boil too much. If it is, simply turn down the heat to medium.
- Stir in the heavy cream and pesto. Let heat through for a few minutes before serving.
Serving Size : This soup makes about 6 cups of soup. It can easily serve 6 people, with each serving being 1 cup. https://71c7df12ab62f4872fb963fd7ceaa41a.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.htmlGnocchi : You will find these near the other dried pastas and pasta sauce at the grocery store. Pesto : Don’t skip this! I know it’s a small amount but it makes a big difference. Use more if wanted. Not too much because pesto has lots of oil in it, which can affect the texture of the creamy broth base. Spinach : I prefer to cut the stems off of the spinach before chopping. You don’t have to do this, but I like to, so that way the soup does not have big, long pieces of stem in it. Alfredo Sauce : The brand Classico makes a roasted garlic alfredo sauce, and that’s what I use in this recipe.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 1163mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1297IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg