My daughter came to visit last night and we made our pull apart bread. We make it a few times every year. It’s so easy it was and fun to make together. Came out so delicious. Look how flaky the top is and moist in the middle it’s amazing!! Check out the recipe and print it out, you’ll want to make one. So delicious!!!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp fine sea or kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, I used from a can, should only say pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Use a whisk to break up any clumps. Toss cold butter in bowl and mix with fingers. Should look and feel like coarse crumbs.
- In a measuring cup, add the 3/4 cup milk with the 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Mix together. Gently and slowly add into flour mixture. Mix with wooden spoon until dough comes together.
- Using a wood cutting board, add 1 tbsp flour and spread the flour with your hands across the board. Gently place the biscuit dough on the board.
- Roll the biscuits to 1/4 inch thickness. Fold the dough over in half. Place in a bowl and cover with a baking towel. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take out of fridge and more flour to your wood board. Roll the biscuits to 1/4 inch thickness. Use a 3″ circle cookie cutter and cut out 6 circles for the biscuits. Place the biscuits on a baking pan. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- While in the fridge, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and set aside. Remove from biscuits from the refrigerator and peel the biscuit in half. Place half of the biscuit back on the pan.
- In a small bowl, melt your remaining butter for about 15 seconds. Let cool for just a minute or so. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Dip the biscuit into the butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Using the pumpkin pie puree, spread about 1/2 tablespoon onto the center of 10 of the biscuits. Begin stacking biscuits with the two plain ones on the bottom and top. Place into the loaf pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a golden brown and centers are cooked. Allow to slightly cool before removing. Look how beautiful!