Here is a recipe for Olive Garden’s Pasta e Fagioli soup that you can make at home:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta, such as ditalini or elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until it is browned and crumbled. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic to the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, cannellini beans, beef broth, water, pasta, vinegar, parsley, sugar, basil, oregano, and thyme. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve hot.