1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 cup icing sugar
3 Tbsp cornflour (corn starch )
Finely grated orange peel (from 1 medium orange)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp salt
* This recipe doesn’t require baking powder or baking soda (bicarbonate of soda).
1. In a large bowl add butter , icing sugar and finely grated orange peel then mix until light and pale .
2. Sift in flour , cornflour , cinnamon and salt . Mix until a dough is formed.
I advise you to use your hand to mix the dough . Take your time the dough will eventually come together.
3. Slightly flour your work surface. Roll the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin .
4. Use a fork to scrap the dough on top . Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Once the dough has chilled take it out and use a fork to scrap the dough on top again . Use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough.
6. Place the dough pieces in a lined baking tray.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees Celsius for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.