I received this recipe from a co-worker that brings this to potluck get-togethers and it is VERY popular. My family loves it too. Enjoy!
This super-duper easy casserole is great when you don’t know what to make for dinner. Even super picky kids will love it. If you love tacos, you’ll love this. It’s basically nacho chips, browned hamburger meat and a cheesy sauce in one casserole. We served it with corn but it would also be great with a green salad. It’s great for a family on a budget.
2 lbground beef
1/2 largeonion, chopped
2 pkgtaco seasoning (we use the lower sodium)
1bag nacho cheese doritos
16 ozshredded cheddar cheese
2 can(s)tomato soup, undiluted
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 smallcan rotel
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- 2Crunch up bag of Doritos and pour into the bottom of the greased pan.
- 3Cook hamburger and onion; drain.
- 4Add taco seasoning and water and cook according to package directions.
- 5Pour hamburger over chips; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 6In a large saucepan, combine the tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup and Rotel. Cook until boiling.
- 7Pour soup mixture over cheese and bake 20-30 minutes until the soup bubbles.
- 8Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.