I think I have mentioned once or twice that I love soup!! I mean, honestly, who in world doesn’t? Isn’t it, after all, the greatest comfort food category? This Creamy Alfredo Lasagna Soup is the ultimate meal. It is chock full of sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and lasagna in a creamy Parmesan broth that is seasoned to perfection. Of soup and love …the first is best!
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 lasagna noodles broken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Parmesan grated
- Brown ground sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook for 5-6 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and spinach and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broken lasagna noodles, oregano, and basil, and bring to a low boil.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and continue cooking for 1 minute; whisking constantly. The butter/flour mixture should be bubbling.
- Slowly whisk in milk until the mixture is smooth and thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and slowly whisk in Parmesan cheese. If the cheese is not melting, place it over very low heat and whisk constantly. When the Parmesan is fully melted, and the mixture is creamy, slowly add to the soup mixture whisking in.