For the filling
220 g grated coconut
200g of sugar
120 ml of water
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence for coverage
200 g of dark chocolate to melt
1. Put the water with the sugar and vanilla in a saucepan, heat stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. It is not necessary to boil a lot, just get the sugar to be perfectly dissolved.
2. Remove from the heat and add the coconut, mixing well so that everything is integrated as a dough.
3. You have to let the mixture cool and it is better that it rest for a couple of hours in the fridge so that it compacts and is easier to work with.
4. Once cold we form the balls. Put on some latex gloves or grease your hands with sunflower oil.
5. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain-marie or in the microwave and mix very well.
6. Prick the coconut balls with a toothpick and dip them well on all sides in chocolate, drain a little and place on a flat surface on satin baking paper.
7. We keep the coconut and chocolate balls cold until serving time so that the chocolate compacts.