This Chicken Mango Avocado Salad is the copycat of the Cheesecake factory salad recipe. That chicken is so juicy, perfectly seasoned. And I love the sweet notes from the mango. It makes it feel like a tropical salad. And then of course, the creamy avocado. I like to put avocado everywhere I can. The sweet and tangy honey vinaigrette couldn’t be easier!
- 1 lb chicken breasts (2 medium)
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1 mango pitted, peeled and diced*
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small purple onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted, for topping
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 cups romaine lettuce 1 head, rinsed, chopped and spun dry
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- For Honey Vinaigrette:
- 1 garlic clove 1 tsp minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ) Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise then seasons with garlic salt and pepper to taste and sautee in 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through (3 min per side). Remove from pan, cool for 5 minutes then slice into strips against the grain.
2 ) In a large salad bowl, add chopped romaine. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, diced mango and avocado, thinly sliced purple onion, 1/4 cup cilantro (and yes cilantro can be omitted if you have a cilantro aversion).
How to Make Honey Vinaigrette Dressing:
3 ) Combine the Honey Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients in a mason jar, cover tightly with lid and shake together until well combined.
TIP: You can also mix the dressing ingredients up in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. If not using dressing right away, make sure to shake well just before serving. Drizzle the salad dressing over the chicken mango avocado salad, adding it to taste*