Not only do these Cherry Snowballs look like the perfect little snowballs, but they taste amazing, too. I love the little cherry surprise waiting in the middle!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 36 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flaked coconut, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, water and vanilla. Combine flour, oats and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine sugar and enough milk to achieve smooth dipping consistency. Dip cookies, then roll in coconut.