- 12 Oreos
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 4.5 oz (3/4 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened well (1 1/2 8 oz. pkgs)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Store-bought (canned) or homemade cherry pie filling*
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Finely chopped or shaved chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl, using a fork, blend together crushed Oreos and butter. Divide mixture evenly among 12 paper lined muffin cups, adding a heaping 1 Tbsp to each. Press crumbs into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing filling.
- For the cheesecake filling:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup granulated sugar, cocoa and salt until no clumps of cocoa remain. Add cream cheese to a mixing bowl and pour sugar mixture over cream cheese, then using an electric hand mixer set on low speed, whip mixture just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending just until combined after each addition and adding in vanilla with second egg. Pour in melted chocolate and mix just until combined, then add 1/4 cup heavy cream and sour cream and mix just until combined. Forcefully tap bowl against countertop, about 30 times, to release some of the air bubbles. Divide mixture among muffin cups (over crust layer), adding about a slightly heaping 1/4 cup to each. Bake in 325 degree oven 17 – 20 minutes until centers only jiggle slightly. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature 1 hour, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- For the topping:
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip 1 1/4 cups heavy cream until soft peaks form then add 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread the heavy cream into an even layer over cupcakes then pipe a rim around edge over that layer (or if spreading whipped topping, just create a small well into the center). Spoon a heaping tablespoon (about 2 tbsp) Cherry pie filling into the center of each. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container (I preferred to let them rest about 10 minutes at room temp before serving. Also, preferably add topping within 2 hours of serving.).
- *I considered making it homemade but finding and pitting the right type of cherries didn’t seem worth the hassle so I just used canned. I used about 3/4 of a 21 oz can.
Source : allrecipes.com